The 2018 Margaret River Gourmet Escape will be held from Friday 16 to Sunday 18 of November!
Wednesday 18 July
Fly into Perth International Airport, which is serviced by over 20 international, domestic and regional airlines.
From the airport, it’s about a three-hour drive to the Margaret River region, where you can choose to base yourself in any of the major accommodation destinations; Busselton, Dunsborough, Yallingup or Margaret River.
South West Coachlines connects Perth and the South West region, departing daily from the City Bus Port, Domestic Airport & International Airport, Perth. South West destinations include Margaret River, Dunsborough, Busselton, Manjimup, Collie, and Bunbury. TransWA also operates a daily bus service from East Perth.
For bus schedules to and from The Gourmet Village visit South West Coach Lines!
The Margaret River Region has accommodation to suit everyone. Whether you want a luxurious escape or need room for friends and family you can find something to suit your budget.
For convenient access to transport, we suggest you stay in the main accommodation hubs for the Margaret River Wine Region, including; Margaret River Town, Bunbury, Broadwater, Busselton, Dunsborough, Yallingup.
We encourage visitors to make the most of their visit to this beautiful region and plan their trip in advance. Why not check out our travel packages available but if you prefer to organise yourself, Your Margaret River Region has you set with their accommodation hub.
Find more regional information relating to travel distance, driving times, accommodation, attractions, and tours, visit Your Margaret River Region. If you are having issues finding accommodation online please contact us at email@example.com.
Want to join us but haven’t got around to booking? Let our handy travel partners arrange everything for you including tickets, accommodation, flights, and transfers.
All ticket purchasers are subject to Ticketing Terms and Conditions
By purchasing tickets, patrons accept and agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Only valid tickets holders will be permitted admissions to our events and the Gourmet Village. All adults and children entering the venue must hold a ticket.
- A Gourmet Village ticket is only valid for 1 day as stated on the ticket. An event ticket is only valid for the time and date specified.
- Minors: Those under 18 years of age who have purchased a ticket will only be permitted into the site if they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- You must remain inside marked areas at all times and follow instructions given to you by officials.
- Visitors agree to the Onsite Filming & Photography Disclaimer
- IMG Culinary reserve the right to vary performing artists, chefs, talent and the advertised programme should circumstances require it to do so.
- You enter the Gourmet Village at your own risk and IMG Culinary or Leeuwin Estate Winery will be NOT liable for any injury, loss or damage you may suffer.
- Gourmet Village is an alfresco venue. The Gourmet Village will proceed rain, hail or shine. No refunds.
- In the event of a cancellation, IMG Culinary Pty Ltd. will not be liable for any expenses, costs, loss or damage, whether direct or consequential, that may be incurred as a result of cancelled accommodation, transfers, hire charges or by any other circumstances or matters.
- No unauthorised on-selling of tickets permitted.
- IMG Culinary reserve the right to cancel or change event dates, time, logistics, line up and venue as required. Tickets purchased to the event are non-refundable. Alternative dates, venues and times may be issued to ticket holders at the discretion and decision of the organisers’.
Are tickets refundable?
Regardless of whether the Margaret River Gourmet Escape venue is indoor or outdoor all events will proceed whether rainy or dry. Plan ahead with appropriate clothing and bring your sense of adventure! There will be no refunds.
A lot of our events are very popular and demand can be high. We encourage you to look for alternative events to attend over the weekend if the one you want has sold out quickly. Please add your details to our wait list so we can contact you if new events or tickets become available.
Yes. Western Australia runs on AWST and is one and half an hours* behind South Australia and the Northern Territory, whilst it runs two hours* behind New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania and Queensland.
*Western Australia, Queensland and Northern Territory do not observe Daylight Savings (Summer) Time. During this time Western Australia is three hours behind New South Wales, Victoria & Tasmania and two and a half hours behind South Australia
A seniors discounted ticket to Gourmet Village is $32 excluding booking fees. There are no discounts applied to any other events.
Yes, the star line up and event program are subject to change.
Parking is available but is very limited at certain venues and the wine will be flowing. So we strongly advise visitors to take advantage of bus services in the area.
Please see Gannaways charters and tours for information on buses to the below satellite events.
- Gourmet Beach BBQ
- Feast in the Forest
- Sunset, Beats & Bites
- The Official Closing Party
For guidance on getting around the region visit margaretriver.com
Many of our events are truly intimate and unique experiences which means that tickets are limited and in high demand. If you missed out on a particular event check out some of the other related options in our full event program. You can still see your culinary idols at the Gourmet Village and we have started a wait list for sold out events. Add your details here and we’ll be in touch if any additional tickets become available.
No. It is a liquor licensing requirement that ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE VENUES under any circumstances. Gourmet Village alcohol sales, for onsite consumption, cease to trade ½ hour before the end of the event. The Gourmet Village will be made up of a mix of exhibiting producers and winery stands. They are more or less split into onsite consumables (to enjoy whilst there) and products for offsite consumption (to enjoy at home). The offsite consumables are seen as take home products such as bottles of wine, gourmet produce and possible kitchenware goods.
Responsible Service of Alcohol
Event Organiser, Exhibitors and Restaurants can refuse to serve you alcohol if security believe that you are ‘intoxicated’. We will assume you are ‘intoxicated’ if:
- Your speech, balance, co-ordination or behaviour is affected; and
- It is reasonable to believe you are intoxicated
IMG Culinary or a police officer can refuse you entry, or ask you to leave, if they think you:
- Are likely to cause injury to anyone else or damage property, or otherwise cause risk to public safety; or
- Are disorderly;
- Are in a non-smoking area; or
- Have drugs on you
The Gourmet Village is located at Leeuwin Estate Winery, Stevens Road, Margaret River WA 6285. It is a 5 minute drive from the Margaret River Township.
- Perth: 267km – 3 Hours
- Busselton: 49km – 30 mins
- Dunsborough: 46km – 35 mins
- Yallingup: 42km – 45 mins
- Augusta: 43km – 45 mins
- Bunbury: 101km – 1 hour
- Nannup: 108km – 1 hour
- Pemberton: 139km – 1.5 hours
- Walpole: 322km – 3.5 hours
- Denmark: 328km – 4 hours
- Albany: 379km – 4.5 hours
You can park at the Gourmet Village, but the wine will be flowing so we suggest you take advantage of bus services and Book Your Bus well in advance. If do you plan to drive there is plenty of parking available at Leeuwin Estate.
On entering the Leeuwin Estate Winery you will be directed to the car parking area, the rows of which will be marked with a letter of the alphabet. Please be sure to note of the letter of the row you parked your vehicle in to make it easier to locate your vehicle when you wish to leave. We encourage that you please be responsible when consuming alcohol and strongly advise against drink driving.
For your convenience bus transfers are available from all major accommodation hubs in the Margaret River Wine Region, including; Margaret River Town, Bunbury, Broadwater, Busselton, Dunsborough, Yallingup
Gourmet Village Disabled Parking
If you have an ACROD pass please enter the estate via the Main Gate and you will be directed to park in row A. You must display your ACROD pass.
Entry into the Gourmet Village
If the disabled guest require’s the assistance of a carer and the carer hold’s a Companion Card, the carer will not be required to purchase an additional ticket. The Companion Card must be presented on the day in order to gain access.
Gourmet Village Seating
There will be plenty of available seating throughout the Gourmet Village for those uncomfortable with sitting low to the ground or with any back problems, etc. Any carers are, of course, welcome to use any available chairs with permission to move if required.
Gourmet Village Toilets
There is a disabled toilet on the western end of the winery veranda. This has flat access for wheelchairs.
The Gourmet Village is a licensed venue and there are strict policies to protect the rights of the wine, produce and exhibitor stands. No food, drinks or alcoholic beverages of any kind are to be brought onto the site.
There will be plenty of non-alcoholic beverages for sale along with FREE water available onsite. The event organiser reserves the right to search bags on arrival. In line with licensing and responsible service of alcohol laws intoxicated people will not be served.
IMG Culinary have hired Leeuwin Estate as the venue for the Gourmet Village so unless visitors have a valid ticket they will not be permitted to enter. All visitors to the Gourmet Village are required to leave the venue at the closure of the festival gates each day.
No smoking is allowed. Leeuwin Estate Winery is a smoke free venue.
If you are planning to travel to the event via helicopter transfer please note that all arrivals/departures must be notified in advance to both the organisers and Leeuwin Estate and it is advised that only the dedicated helicopter landing spot can be used. Any and all arrivals that are not notified will not be granted access to the event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.