Broadsheet has created a foodie guide for Margaret River with a list of their suggested best restaurants in the region. The list consists of eleven restaurants within Margaret River, some of which you may recognise from hosting past Gourmet Escape events including Cape Lodge, Leeuwin Estate (home of the Gourmet Village), Cullen Wines, Yarri and Vasse Felix to name a few.
See the full list of restaurants below:
To view the Broadsheet article and read more about the restaurants click HERE
It is great to see Cape Lodge, Voyager Estate, Vasse Felix, Amelia Park and more friends of Gourmet Escape reign victorious in Gourmet Traveller WINE’s Best Cellar Door Awards. Each earning their own title as either star winery, best food, best experience or best place to stay, this list will provide you with an ultimate guide to WA’s food and wine hotspots.
The awards also include Mandoon Estate, Houghton, Riverbank, Olive Farm Wines and other Swan Valley venues, which we encourage you to check out when you visit Swan Valley during Western Australia Gourmet Escape 2019.
Click HERE for the full list of winners and to find out if your favourite venues made the list.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
600gm Lilydale chicken tenderloins
1 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce + extra, to serve
270gm soba noodles prepared according to packet instructions
1 large avocado, sliced
250gm edamame beans, blanched, podded
1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
40gm snow pea sprouts, trimmed
2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
Pickled ginger, wasabi mayonnaise, toasted sesame seeds, to serve
1. In a large snap-lock bag or glass bowl place chicken tenderloins, peanut oil and teriyaki sauce.
2. Heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil.
3. In a bowl arrange noodles, avocado, edamame, cucumber, capsicum and snow pea sprouts. Top with chicken and sprinkle with onions. Serve with pickled ginger, mayonnaise, sesame seeds and extra teriyaki sauce, if desired.
By Western Australia Lilydale Free Range Ambassador Tony Howell
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
6 Lilydale chicken thighs
2 Shallots, diced
4 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 Carrot, diced
3 Sprigs of Thyme
2 Bay leaves
1 litre Chicken stock
Quartered Button Mushrooms
Handful Broad beans, blanched
Handful fresh peas
6 Asparagus spears
2 knobs butter chilled
1. Heat olive oil in a casserole dish.
2. Seal the chicken on all sides, remove and set aside
3. Add shallots, garlic, carrot and mushrooms into the casserole and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add tomato and cook for another 4 minutes on medium-low heat, until there’s colour showing on the vegetables.
5. Add now the chicken thighs, herbs and season with salt and pepper. Cover with stock and bring to boil. Turn down the heat and simmer till cooked – this will take approximately 20 minutes.
6. Now add the spring vegetables – peas, broad beans and asparagus. These will only need a few minutes.
7. Just before serving, add the butter to thicken and smoothen texture. This dish is served fantastically with a creamy mash!