The Colour of Summer is PINK!
Visitors to Gourmet Escape will be the first in Australia to try the new Fever-Tree Aromatic Tonic Water, adding a splash of pink to the classic Gin and Tonic this summer.
Inspired by a historic recipe used by the Royal Navy in the 19th Century, and using the highest quality angostura bark sourced from South America, the Aromatic Tonic can be enjoyed in a Pink G&T or as a sophisticated soft drink on its own.
Fever-Tree Aromatic Tonic will be available in selected bars and bottle stores across Australia after Gourmet Escape.
Travelling from abroad this year?
The Margaret River region is a uniquely beautiful corner of the world, offering a diverse range of activities; everything from foraging the local forests to catching the biggest waves.
Whether it’s an indulgent weekend escape you’re planning from within Australia or an extended exploration of the region from overseas – you can create your dream holiday with one of our trusted travel partners. AND GUESS WHAT – They are selling now!
To speak to one of our trusted partners regarding a bespoke package for you and your guests to this years Margaret River Gourmet Escape click here!
How To Nail Your Instagram!
No matter which season you visit Margaret River you are guaranteed to be welcomed with breathtaking scenery, internationally renowned wineries and some seriously jaw-dropping beaches. All this beauty encapsulated in one region leaves you with the perfect opportunity to up your Instagram game.
Check out our top picks for most instagrammable locations in this gem of a region!
1. Enjoy a superb sunset like no other.
Sugarloaf Rock – (@youngadventuress via instagram)
2. Venture to the most south-westerly point of Australia.
Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse- (@youngadventuress via instagram)
3. This one may only occur once a year but a BBQ of this scale on Castle Rock Beach is a MUST for your feed.
The Gourmet Beach BBQ – (@youngadventuress via instagram)
4. Take a dip into heaven
Injidup Natural Spas – (@thewanderfullylost via instagram)
5. Feast your eyes on Busselton Jetty, the longest wooden jetty in the southern hemisphere
6. Make some new friends in the waters of Hamelin Bay
7. Okay this place may not be in Margaret River but how could we leave out the iconic Quokka photo that you need to capture on Rottnest Island.
Rottnest Island – (@youngadventuress via instagram)
Get Chunky’s Giant Chewy Cookies
Get Chunky is known for creating the most mouthwatering, over the top, chewy cookies and we have been lucky enough to get an exclusive recipe just for you to try at home!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 x cup plain flour
1 x cup rolled oats
1 x cup desiccated coconut
1/2 x cup brown sugar
1/4 x cup caster sugar
125g x unsalted butter
2 x TBS golden syrup
1 x tsp bicarb soda
1/2 x tsp salt
2 x TBS boiling water
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 140 degrees. Line baking trays with baking paper
2. Place butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the bicarb soda, hot water and stir until well combined then remove from heat.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, sugars, oats, salt and coconut)
4. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and stir together until well combined.
5. Roll the dough into 100g balls and only place about 6 dough balls per tray. Using your palm, press down onto the dough to create 1cm thick cookies.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. The longer you bake the crispier the cookie.
7. Let cool on baking trays for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Don’t have time to get creative and make cookies yourself? Check out Get Chunky’s Instagram page to find out where you can buy these giant pockets of gooey deliciousness!
Image credit: Urban List Perth