Get Chunky’s Giant Chewy Cookies
Get Chunky is known for creating the most mouthwatering, over the top, chewy cookies and we have been lucky enough to get an exclusive Chewy Oatmeal Cookie recipe just for you to try at home!
Not much of a baker?
Get Chunky are bringing back their ANZAC biscuit inspired Chewy Oatmeal Cookie available in-store for a limited time. See here for more details or order online and for pockets of gooey Get Chunky deliciousness delivered to you #takeawayforwa.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 x cup plain flour
1 x cup rolled oats
1 x cup desiccated coconut
1/2 x cup brown sugar
1/4 x cup caster sugar
125g x unsalted butter
2 x TBS golden syrup
1 x tsp bicarb soda
1/2 x tsp salt
2 x TBS boiling water
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 140 degrees. Line baking trays with baking paper
2. Place butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the bicarb soda, hot water and stir until well combined then remove from heat.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, sugars, oats, salt and coconut)
4. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and stir together until well combined.
5. Roll the dough into 100g balls and only place about 6 dough balls per tray. Using your palm, press down onto the dough to create 1cm thick cookies.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. The longer you bake the crispier the cookie.
7. Let cool on baking trays for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.