Get Chunky’s Giant Chewy Anzac Cookies
Anzac Day is fast approaching and what better way to impress your friends and family than with some freshly baked Anzac cookies. And trust us these delicious cookies won’t disappoint.
Get Chunky is known for creating the most mouthwatering, over the top, chewy cookies and we have been lucky enough to get an exclusive recipe just for you to try at home!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 x cup plain flour
1 x cup rolled oats
1 x cup desiccated coconut
1/2 x cup brown sugar
1/4 x cup caster sugar
125g x unsalted butter
2 x TBS golden syrup
1 x tsp bicarb soda
1/2 x tsp salt
2 x TBS boiling water
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 140 degrees. Line baking trays with baking paper
2. Place butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the bicarb soda, hot water and stir until well combined then remove from heat.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, sugars, oats, salt and coconut)
4. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and stir together until well combined.
5. Roll the dough into 100g balls and only place about 6 dough balls per tray. Using your palm, press down onto the dough to create 1cm thick cookies.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. The longer you bake the crispier the cookie.
7. Let cool on baking trays for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Don’t have time to get creative and make cookies yourself? Check out Get Chunky’s Instagram page to find out where you can buy these giant pockets of gooey deliciousness!
Image credit: Urban List Perth