Journey to Gourmet Escape Sydney
We’re taking Gourmet Escape on the road to Sydney giving you the possibility to experience the essence of the extraordinary festival of food and wine, before it takes place in Western Australia this November. Journey to Gourmet Escape is your “entrée” to what’s planned in our amazing 2019 festival program!
Join renowned Australian chef Luke Mangan, Gage Roads Brew Chief Aaron Heary, WA beef farmer Annabelle Coppinfrom Outback Beef and legendary host Mike Bennie for an evening celebrating the glorious produce from Western Australia.
Tickets include four specially curated courses all matched with beers from Gage Roads Brewing Co (optional pairing of Margaret River wine available as an alternative)
Date: Tuesday 13 August | 6:00PM
Location: Glass Brasserie – Hilton Hotel Sydney (Sydney CBD)
Price: $123 per person
Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Father’s day is around the corner and we’ve got THE guide to help you find the perfect gourmet gift for Dad to Western Australia Gourmet Escape presented by Westpac (8-17 November)!
Book your dad the ultimate escape to Western Australia with events that cater to every type of dad. From your foodie dad to your wine connoisseur, BBQ enthusiast or the music buff, check out the recommended events below.
The Whole Package
For the ultimate experience book dad a whole weekend away with packages available in Margaret River:
- Beach and Wines Package – includes tickets to the Westpac Gourmet Beach BBQ and the Gourmet Village
- Margaret River Weekender – includes tickets to Sunset Beats & Bites and the Gourmet Village
Also need to book flights and accommodation? Create Dad’s dream holiday with one of our trusted travel partners.
Is your Dad a wine connoisseur? Check out our events which feature world-class wines paired with exquisite food featuring fresh regional produce from Margaret River:
- Cape Mentelle International Cabernet Tasting and Long Lunch
- Cullen Wines Chardonnay Tasting & Lunch
- Leeuwin Estate Art Series Dinner with Pierre Koffmann
Find the perfect event for dads who are barbeque-lovers with moveable feasts over fire and master butchery:
- Gourmet Feast in the Valley (Swan Valley)- featuring The Feast Fire Pit presented by Australian Good Meat
- Safari Club Cookout (Margaret River)
Sun. Sand. Surf. Have your beach dads relax at our signature festival events:
Gift a gift the whole family can enjoy with kids activities and entertainment:
Join dad with the ultimate dining soundtrack with Aussie alt-rock favourites The Rubens and beachside parties starring great tunes!
- Gourmet Feast in the Valley (Swan Valley)- featuring the Music Stage
- Sunset Beats & Bites (Margaret River)
TICKETS NOW ON SALE!
3…2…1… GO! Tickets are now officially on sale for Western Australia Gourmet Escape, presented by Westpac and otherwise referred to (by Marco Pierre White himself) as “the greatest food event on earth”.
Whether you’re on the hunt for a romantic winery dinner celebrating cucina Italiano, a fun family weekend complete with top-notch food and tunes, a legendary beachside barbeque on Castle Rock Beach, or an eight-course dinner prepared for you by the chef from the World’s Best Restaurant, there’s something for everyone at Western Australia Gourmet Escape.
This year’s Gourmet Escape is a 10-day celebration, taking place across three regions in Western Australia – the Swan Valley, Margaret River and Perth.
From 8-17 November, you’ll have the chance to rub shoulders with culinary royalty, the likes of which include Momofuku chef and founder David Chang (USA), renowned chef and restauranteur Marco Pierre White (UK), Danny Bowien (USA), Amanda Cohen (USA), Pierre Koffmann (UK) and Carlo Cracco (IT). These international icons will be joined by some of Australia’s ‘tastiest’ talent including Alla Wolf-Tasker AM (VIC), Jock Zonfrillo (SA), Josh Niland (NSW) and Seth James (WA).
Not sure what to book? While there are more than 50 events on the program, here are a few hot tips and highlights to get those mouths watering.
- Gourmet Feast in the Valley (Swan Valley): The ultimate celebration of food, friends, family and music, this weekend-long event – featuring a range of culinary heavyweights – is a celebration of everything Gourmet Escape stands for.
- Marco Pierre White on the Past, Present and Future of Food presented by Synergy (Swan Valley): What will the food of tomorrow look and taste like? Marco Pierre White, the godfather of modern cooking, returns to Western Australia to answer this important question.
- Gourmet Village (Margaret River): With new experiences, fresh producers and the hottest talent in town, this year’s Margaret River festival hub at Leeuwin Estate Winery is a weekend-long celebration that’s not to be missed.
- Westpac Gourmet Beach BBQ (Margaret River): From a world-class waterside setting, this signature festival redefines the ‘beachside barbeque’, with a chef line-up including David Chang of Momofuku, Monty Koludrovic from Bondi Icebergs Dining Room & Bar, and renowned West Australian firestarters, Kenny McHardy, Scott Bridger and Brenton Pyke.
- Sunset Beats & Bites (Margaret River): Combining waterside wining and dining from two of Perth’s favourite wood-fired restaurants with alfresco tables and West Australian hospitality, this sunset event is not to be missed.
- Safari Club Cookout (Margaret River): Come together in a secret woodland hideaway for the ultimate theatrical, moveable feast that celebrates the flavours of Thailand, India and Australia.
- Cape Mentelle International Cabernet Tasting and Long Lunch (Margaret River): One of the biggest wine tastings in Australia, Cape Mentelle’s annual cab tasting and long lunch celebrates the history, future and diversity of the King of Grapes.
Just be warned – tickets are strictly limited and selling as fast as David Chang’s famous Momofuku Ramen on a cold winter’s day.
JUST ANNOUNCED: 2019 Star Line-up & Program
Described by Marco Pierre White as “the greatest food event on earth”, join us at this year’s Western Australia Gourmet Escape presented by Westpac (8-17 November).
International superstars visiting the 2019 festival include David Chang (USA), Marco Pierre White (UK), Danny Bowien (USA), Amanda Cohen (USA), Pierre Koffmann (UK), Carlo Cracco (IT) and many other chefs and wine experts, who will be welcomed by Australia’s brightest stars including Alla Wolf-Tasker AM (VIC), Jock Zonfrillo (SA), Josh Niland (NSW) and Seth James (WA) to name a few.
This year, the dancefloor will also be heating up, with the addition of an exciting music program that features chart-topping headliners The Rubens, fresh off their European tour, and indie star, singer-songwriter Fergus James, at the new Gourmet Feast in the Valley event in the Swan Valley.
New events on the menu include:
- Gourmet Feast in the Valley
- Marco Pierre White on the Past, Present and Future of Food presented by Synergy
- Lake House Meets Wills Domain
- Safari Club Cookout
- Ristorante Cracco at Cape Lodge presented by Singapore Airlines and more.
Iconic and crowd-favourite events will be returning in 2019 include the Westpac Gourmet Beach BBQ , Mark Best on the Ocean Dream, Sunset Beats & Bites, Dining by Twilight at Margaret River’s Secret Garden presented by Seedlip, Cullen Chardonnay Tasting & Lunch, The Leeuwin Estate Art Series Dinner and The Gourmet Village at Leeuwin Estate Winery.
TICKETS ON SALE 9AM AEST THURSDAY 18 JULY
MasterChef’s Trip To The South West
It is great to see George Calombaris reminisce about his Gourmet Escape experiences during his recent trip to the South West. George has recently been filming the 11th season of MasterChef Australia in Western Australia with his co-stars Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston.
When asked about previous visits to the region, George then took a trip down memory lane with a recap from his 2014 Margaret River Gourmet Escape experience.
“There was a moment about four years ago when I was at a wine tasting with Vanya Cullen, standing there with Sat Bains, Claude Bosi, Heston Blumenthal and Simon LeBon from Duran Duran and I’m thinking, where else can something like this happen?”
To view the entire interview with George on his take on filming in WA, view the full article HERE.