Lilydale’s Lemon & Oregano Chicken Tenderloin Skewers
Lilydale’s lemon & oregano chicken tenderloin skewers served with fresh herbs & greens & garlic yoghurt sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes ( plus 20 minutes marinating time)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
6 x Lilydale free-range chicken tenderloins
1 x lemon
1/2 x cup olive oil
1 x bunch oregano, leaves and sprigs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
6-8 x garlic cloves, peeled (approx bulb)
1 x tbs natural yoghurt
Herb and Leaf Salad to serve
2-3 cups salad and herbs, green leaves including snow pea tendrils, oregano leaves, baby spinach leaves, baby rocket leaves and microherbs, l Lebanese cucumber; sliced smashed avocado/pita wraps, optional
1. In a medium bowl combine chicken, juice of 1/2 a lemon, olive oil, oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix to thoroughly coat the chicken. Cover and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. To prepare the garlic sauce, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Blanch the garlic cloves for 1-2 mins, drain and add to the yoghurt in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth.
3. Soak 6 bamboo skewers in water for 1 0-20 minutes. Skewer the chicken.
4. Preheat a bbq or griddle pan over high heat. Cook the skewers on the heat turning to ensure they are well cooked.
5. To serve, place 2-3 skewers on a plate, serve with the herb salad leaves, cucumber, and drizzle with the garlic sauce. Serve a lemon cheek to squeeze on the salad, and a small drizzle of olive oil to finish.
Check out some more delicious Lilydale Chicken recipes here