Lilydale’s Lemon & Oregano Chicken Tenderloin Skewers
Lilydale’s lemon & oregano chicken tenderloin skewers served with fresh herbs & greens & garlic yoghurt sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes ( plus 20 minutes marinating time)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
6 x Lilydale free-range chicken tenderloins
1 x lemon
1/2 x cup olive oil
1 x bunch oregano, leaves and sprigs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
6-8 x garlic cloves, peeled (approx bulb)
1 x tbs natural yoghurt
Herb and Leaf Salad to serve
2-3 cups salad and herbs, green leaves including snow pea tendrils, oregano leaves, baby spinach leaves, baby rocket leaves and microherbs, l Lebanese cucumber; sliced smashed avocado/pita wraps, optional
1. In a medium bowl combine chicken, juice of 1/2 a lemon, olive oil, oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix to thoroughly coat the chicken. Cover and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. To prepare the garlic sauce, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Blanch the garlic cloves for 1-2 mins, drain and add to the yoghurt in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth.
3. Soak 6 bamboo skewers in water for 1 0-20 minutes. Skewer the chicken.
4. Preheat a bbq or griddle pan over high heat. Cook the skewers on the heat turning to ensure they are well cooked.
5. To serve, place 2-3 skewers on a plate, serve with the herb salad leaves, cucumber, and drizzle with the garlic sauce. Serve a lemon cheek to squeeze on the salad, and a small drizzle of olive oil to finish.
Lilydale is a proud sponsor of this year’s Margaret River Gourmet Escape presented by Westpac and you can enjoy their tasty chicken at Gourmet Village
Check out some more delicious Lilydale Chicken recipes here