It is not long till you will be stuffing your face with chocolate Easter eggs and spending the long weekend with your nearest and dearest. To help you get started with the stuffing your face part of the long weekend here are some places in Margaret River to indulge in sweets. The hunt for sweet treats is officially over –
- Margaret River Farmers Market is the place to be to get your dose of fresh Margaret River produce and let us tell you, it has its share of sweet treat goodness, one of which is Cavalcade Desserts who creates beautiful gluten free cakes, chocolates and desserts.
- Temper Temper chocolate is made from sustainably sourced couverture and caters for those who love chocolate, but might be wanting a healthy or sugar free option.
- Betteany’s Margaret River Nougat Company: While nougat might not seem like the most traditional Easter treat, Bettenay’s produce a seriously good range of chocolate nougat and Nougaretto liqueur, which you might be needing at the end of a whole day of being mum or dad and the Easter Bunny.
- The Margaret River Chocolate Company, opened in 1999 and quickly became a must-visit for travellers in the region. While yes, there are free tasters, this is also a great place to take a quick spell and sit down in the café. They have a whole host of light snacks and drinks, or dedicated chocoholics can try one of their delicious hot chocolates.
- Bahen & Co chocolate is made from cocoa beans sourced direct from farmers all over the globe and made on his family farm with traditional vintage equipment. You can purchase Bahen & Co. chocolate from a variety of local stockists including The Larder, Blue Ginger, Vasse Virgin and Leeuwin Estate, or online.
- Gabriel Chocolate, nestled among the vines in Yallingup is Western Australia’s first bean-to-bar chocolate producer, Gabriel Chocolate. Made by Gabriel Myburgh, this chocolate ranges from the sweetest and milkiest of flavours through to the darkest 99% cocoa.
Read the full story at Your Margaret River Region