Tickets available at Visitor Centre
Heading down to Margaret River Gourmet Escape this weekend? There are still tickets available to some of our incredible events including the Sunday Audi Beach BBQ sessions and access to the heart of the festival, the Gourmet Village.
Advance ticket sales through Ticketek have now closed so for access to the best remaining tickets for this weekend’s event head to the Margaret River Visitor Centre.
100 Bussell Highway, Margaret River
Open daily 9.00am to 5.00pm
AND THAT’S A WRAP 2017!
This year has marked our sixth year, and saw us joined by over 50 of the world’s leading food and wine personalities including Curtis Stone, to celebrate the Margaret River wine regions 50th anniversary through a record number of events.
Curtis officially opened the festival with our hallmark event, the Audi Gourmet Beach BBQ on Castle Rock Beach, and reflected on his brief time back in Western Australia, where it all began: “I had an absolutely brilliant time in Margaret River. It’s a testament to the region that this truly outstanding event continues to attract the very best international culinary talent, it’s a world class event that needs to be on everyone’s bucket list.”
The world-renowned father and son duo, Rick and Jack Stein confirmed their love affair with WA and its premium produce, taking part in the festival for the 5th time. They both thrilled fans at the Gourmet Village, during Ricks ever-popular book signing while Jack teamed up with former pro surfer Taj Burrow for a “surf and turf” main stage talk.
Rick said this year’s event was hard to top because he had Jack by his side. “He keeps me in line,” he said.
Joining these Global Superstars at the festival this year was an enviable line up of new and returning food and wine talent, including chefs from the World’s Best Restaurants* Andre Chiang (#14 Restaurant Andre, Singapore), Alex Atala (#16 D.O.M., Brasil), David Thompson (#28 Nahm, Thailand), Ashley Palmer-Watts (#36 Dinner by Heston, UK) and Rodolfo Guzman (#42 Borago, Chile), World’s Best Female Chef Ana Roš (Hiša Franko, Slovenia) and Asia’s Best Female Chef May Chow (Little Bao, Hong Kong). They cooked alongside a raft of local and Australian talent, forming bonds likely to create meaningful business and personal relationships for years to come.
Passionate festival goers who visited The Gourmet Village at Leeuwin Estate got up close and personal with their chef idols at demonstrations & book signings, sipped their way through acclaimed and emerging wineries and got hands on in the Lurpak Cookery School. Many local producers used the opportunity to showcase new and emerging products to grow awareness and get new audiences excited about what they’ve created. The added music program created a great vibe and set the scene for an amazing weekend.
Over a breathtaking four days, organisers, chefs and personalities were raving non-stop as this year being the best event to date, some highlights include –
- Back for the third time, Brazilian chef, Alex Atala, described Margaret River and the food and wine experience as “next level” to what he’s experienced around the world
- Larry Cherubino of Larry Cherubino Wines cellar door said feedback has been really positive. “I loved that the guest chefs were front and centre in the kitchen. I enjoyed our first foray into Gourmet Escape a lot. The event gave us some great ideas for next year and we’ll definitely do it again.”
- Seth James of Wills Domain on working with Andre Chiang – “It was an honour to cook with him and experience delivering Andre’s Octaphilosophy at Wills Domain. “All of the eight elements resonate with our unique Margaret River environment and we got to showcase the best of local produce in our collaboration. It was a memorable night for everyone in the room.
- Chef Kirk Westaway from Singapore visited Gourmet Escape and Margaret River for the first time and said it was an incredible location. “The food and ingredients have been amazing and it’s an exciting place to be. All of the food I use in Singapore right now is based on European seasons, so it’s in the reverse here. The freshness of the vegetables and the flavour contrasts I’ve had here compared to what’s available in Singapore (which comes from all over the world) is really special. I’d like to return to Singapore with a lot more involvement in Australian produce,” he said.
- Wine personality, Nick Stock – “What a beautiful way to close out the 2017 Gourmet Escape festival in beautiful Margaret River. 28 tastings and talks, three beach parties and the most fun I’ve had in all the six years”.
The Colour of Summer is PINK!
Visitors to Gourmet Escape will be the first in Australia to try the new Fever-Tree Aromatic Tonic Water, adding a splash of pink to the classic Gin and Tonic this summer.
Inspired by a historic recipe used by the Royal Navy in the 19th Century, and using the highest quality angostura bark sourced from South America, the Aromatic Tonic can be enjoyed in a Pink G&T or as a sophisticated soft drink on its own.
Fever-Tree Aromatic Tonic will be available in selected bars and bottle stores across Australia after Gourmet Escape.
Get the VIP Experience in the Platinum Lounge!
This premium experience takes place lounge style in the Leeuwin Estate Restaurant with panoramic views across the festival giving you the VIP treatment you deserve!
Included in your ticket is fast-track entry on arrival, a wine-tasting glass, two glasses of Leeuwin Estate wine, and plentiful food stations bursting with dishes.
Plus, expect to see the likes of Luke Nguyen, Michael Hunter, Andre Chiang, Roger Mooking and many others all chilling out in the lounge in between their various appearances throughout the festival.
Check out a taster of the food on offer….
“Art Series Riesling” Oyster bar
Freshly shucked Albany rock oysters, Cowell Bay pacific oysters, with condiments
“Prelude Vineyard Chardonnay” – Karaagi chicken, kimchi, mayo
Fried free range chicken thigh strips, Leeuwin Estate fermented kimchi, mayo
“Prelude Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon” – House made charcuterie with condiments
Smoke pork hock terrine + Leeuwin Estate exclusive selection of ‘Farm House’ meats + Duck liver parfait + Condiments
“Art Series Sauvignon Blanc” – Corn and Gruyere double baked soufflé
“Art Series Sauvignon Blanc Semillon” – Western Australian flaming BBQ
BBQ lamb koftas, za-atar, yoghurt dressing + WA line caught cuttlefish, basil, lemon, chilli + Kimberley tiger prawns, black garlic butter, lemon
Don’t forget, this year the village is cashless so make sure you bring your cards so you can tap and go throughout, leaving you more time to shop ’til you drop.
The Hottest Music Line Up this Summer is at the Gourmet Village!
Some of the biggest names in the culinary world are coming to Margaret River Gourmet Escape presented by Audi to help showcase the region’s fine wines, craft beers and amazing local produce. This is your once-a-year chance to feast, sip and party through the best that Western Australia has to offer, including live performances from Hugo Gruzman (Flight Facilities) and Tom Tilley (Triple J)!
- Feast & sip from 100+artisan producers & wineries, indulging in Western Australia’s finest produce
- Explore hands-on foodie experiences and cooking masterclasses including the Lurpak Cookery School and the Wüsthof Knife Skillery
- Get inspired by top chefs including Rick Stein, Luke Nguyen, Alex Atala & Ana Ros
- and party with live DJ sets!
Our 2017 music line-up features:
Saturday: Hugo Gruzman (Flight Facilities, Future Classic) who drops into the main stage on Saturday and Sunday. He’ll also be joined by his great mate and party collaborator Tom Tilley (Triple J) to shake out your afternoon’s eating and drinking on the grassy dance floor of the Main Stage.
Sunday: Hugo Gruzman will be back to close the festival and send out the 2017 festival with a bang!
Tickets are just $40, and include this awesome line-up. Book in advance to save $10 on entry through Ticketek.