TICKETS NOW ON SALE!
3…2…1… GO! Tickets are now officially on sale for Western Australia Gourmet Escape, presented by Westpac and otherwise referred to (by Marco Pierre White himself) as “the greatest food event on earth”.
Whether you’re on the hunt for a romantic winery dinner celebrating cucina Italiano, a fun family weekend complete with top-notch food and tunes, a legendary beachside barbeque on Castle Rock Beach, or an eight-course dinner prepared for you by the chef from the World’s Best Restaurant, there’s something for everyone at Western Australia Gourmet Escape.
This year’s Gourmet Escape is a 10-day celebration, taking place across three regions in Western Australia – the Swan Valley, Margaret River and Perth.
From 8-17 November, you’ll have the chance to rub shoulders with culinary royalty, the likes of which include Momofuku chef and founder David Chang (USA), renowned chef and restauranteur Marco Pierre White (UK), Danny Bowien (USA), Amanda Cohen (USA), Pierre Koffmann (UK) and Carlo Cracco (IT). These international icons will be joined by some of Australia’s ‘tastiest’ talent including Alla Wolf-Tasker AM (VIC), Jock Zonfrillo (SA), Josh Niland (NSW) and Seth James (WA).
Not sure what to book? While there are more than 50 events on the program, here are a few hot tips and highlights to get those mouths watering.
- Gourmet Feast in the Valley (Swan Valley): The ultimate celebration of food, friends, family and music, this weekend-long event – featuring a range of culinary heavyweights – is a celebration of everything Gourmet Escape stands for.
- Marco Pierre White on the Past, Present and Future of Food presented by Synergy (Swan Valley): What will the food of tomorrow look and taste like? Marco Pierre White, the godfather of modern cooking, returns to Western Australia to answer this important question.
- Gourmet Village (Margaret River): With new experiences, fresh producers and the hottest talent in town, this year’s Margaret River festival hub at Leeuwin Estate Winery is a weekend-long celebration that’s not to be missed.
- Westpac Gourmet Beach BBQ (Margaret River): From a world-class waterside setting, this signature festival redefines the ‘beachside barbeque’, with a chef line-up including David Chang of Momofuku, Monty Koludrovic from Bondi Icebergs Dining Room & Bar, and renowned West Australian firestarters, Kenny McHardy, Scott Bridger and Brenton Pyke.
- Sunset Beats & Bites (Margaret River): Combining waterside wining and dining from two of Perth’s favourite wood-fired restaurants with alfresco tables and West Australian hospitality, this sunset event is not to be missed.
- Safari Club Cookout (Margaret River): Come together in a secret woodland hideaway for the ultimate theatrical, moveable feast that celebrates the flavours of Thailand, India and Australia.
- Cape Mentelle International Cabernet Tasting and Long Lunch (Margaret River): One of the biggest wine tastings in Australia, Cape Mentelle’s annual cab tasting and long lunch celebrates the history, future and diversity of the King of Grapes.
Just be warned – tickets are strictly limited and selling as fast as David Chang’s famous Momofuku Ramen on a cold winter’s day.