15 Things To Do in Margaret River This Summer
Memories are the currency of summer, and making good ones is a whole lot easier when the list you’re working with is a “no-miss” affair. From wineries and air-borne adventures, to water exploration, fashion, biking and food, this ultimate summer bucket list has got you covered. Read on for Gourmet Escape’s top 15 favourites for the ultimate summer bucket list.
- Establish a historical connection on a unique Margaret River town-based walking food tour.
- Visit the nearby Busselton Jetty for a sunset walk with a difference.
- Give yourself the gift of a Koomal Dreaming experience, and let local Indigenous custodian, Josh Whiteland, give you a unique viewpoint into Country.
- Experience life at the end of the world at the new Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse Interp Centre, and get a feel for the hardships that helped form this community.
- Continue the nautical theme with a chartered boat tour that’ll take you on a tour of our pristine waters.
- Match your fresh-caught fish with a glass of Margaret River region chardonnay. Take your pick! There are ample award-winning wines to choose from.
- From here, make the five-minute drive to Cape Mentelle and its open-air evening cinema, replete with a glass of Margaret River’s finest from the on-site bar.
Take your new perspective on a walk of the Cape to Cape track and see the region’s wild landscape with fresh eyes.
- Meet the producers at a range of markets that run year ‘round and give locals and visitors the opportunity to buy directly from growers and local artisans – including the award-winning Margaret River Farmer’s Market.
- A self-drive paddock to plate experience can also be on the holiday agenda.
- Catch a stunning aerial perspective of the region on a Scenic Helicopters flight. Organise in advance for the adventure of flying in to a gourmet lunch at Leeuwin Estate.
- Beer lovers can happily also find their own brand of heaven. Tour a few of the region’s incredible craft breweries. You’ll also find a range of local brews at Settler’s Tavern, where you’re coldie will pair brilliantly with the State’s best steak sandwich.
- Finish your holidays with a true wind down at any of these spa retreats.
- Do a last round of the region’s wineries for wine to take home, or get creatively spirited and create your own gin at the Margaret River Distilling Co for a take-home souvenir with a difference.