New Event & Additional Tickets Released!
Food and wine lovers who missed out on first round tickets for the 2018 Margaret River Gourmet Escape presented by Westpac (Nov 16-18) are in luck – with the announcement of a brand new event, as well as additional tickets for several popular events that were previously sold out, due to overwhelming demand.
Much-loved food identity and festival headliner Nigella Lawson, will host the new Supper with Nigella at Xanadu Wines on Saturday 17 November from 8:30pm – 11:00pm. The event will feature a decadent menu of Nigella’s famous late night eats, Q&A with Kate Langbroek and surprises around every corner, making for an unforgettable evening. Tickets are on sale now for $250 per person (plus booking fee), which includes a pre-signed copy of Lawson’s book ‘At My Table’.
Joining Nigella is 45 of the world’s biggest culinary stars including Rick Stein, Skye Gyngell, James Lowe, Julien Royer and Niki Nakayama, as well as Australia’s best culinary talent such as Guy Grossi, Luke Mangan and Guillaume Brahimi who’ll head to Western Australia’s south-west to collaborate with the amazing local talent and celebrate the world-class produce of the region.
The diverse program of events will see 45 food and wine events take place in more than 25 unique locations. There’s something to suit all tastes, from a pop-up Mexican Cantina, Vegan Italian Feast and Chinese banquet – to an intimate traditional Japanese dining experience, barbecues on white sandy beaches and feasts in the forest.
Additional tickets are on sale now via Ticketek:
- Westpac Gourmet Beach BBQ – new tickets released for all sessions
- Feast in the Forest – tickets available for sessions with chefs including Jake Kellie, Jerry Mai and Jeremy Chan
- Cape on a Plate presented by Australian Good Meat– traditionally reserved for visiting culinary guests and chefs at each year’s Margaret River Gourmet Escape, Cape Lodge is inviting guests to its lakeside restaurant for a special white tablecloth dinner with celebrated Australian chef, Luke Mangan and WA powerhouse Tony Howell will serve an intimate dinner highlighting the Margaret River produce the region is famous for
- Caves Road Cantina at Black Brewing Co. will see two of the world’s most accomplished Mexican chefs, Edgar Nunez from Sud 777 MEX (Number 64 in The World’s 50 Best Restaurants) and Rosio Sanchez from her world-renowned taqueria Hija de Sanchez in Copenhagen, serve up a snack party of Mexican delicacies using amazing local produce. This will be washed down with a selection of local craft brews from five of the region’s top breweries
- Smith & Daughters 90s Trattoria Dinner will see chef and author Shannon Martinez of Melbourne’s Smith & Daughters transform the restaurant at Wise Vineyard into a vegan Italian trattoria. Taking inspiration from the Italian family restaurants of her childhood and years spent living in the Lower East Side of New York City, the party will be fuelled by a selection of Margaret River wines and a soundtrack of toe-tapping tunes that mirror the same fun vibe of her cooking
- Chow’s Table Chinese Feast will bring together three young guns of modern Chinese cooking for one high-energy evening of food, drink and story-telling – Andrew Wong from London’s Michelin-starred A Wong, Victor Liong from the super hip Melbourne laneway diner Lee Ho Fook, and local hero and host Malcom Chow, owner of the recently opened Chow’s Table in Yallingup
- Your Gourmet Escape weekend is not complete without a visit to The Gourmet Village which combines the opportunity to try outstanding produce from 150+ wineries and artisan producers with the chance to see our culinary superstars in action.